Thursday, October 8, 2026

I Like Thursdays: October 8, 2026

 


Hello and Happy Thursday!  It's time to express gratitude for all the things that make life better.  Want more positive posts?  Visit our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color!


I feel like I'm finally getting things done.  I've been cooking for weeks and freezing meals for hubby to heat up after my surgery (in 11 days).  I did not caregive on Tuesday and stayed at home and fall cleaned the first floor.  I was beat afterwards and didn't even stay at my guild meeting.  I went home and Lucky and I were asleep by 9!

***
I'm grateful for Youtube these days.  There isn't much on the regular channels now that the Phillies are done for the year.  I think my favorite channel is "From Small Things" hosted by Sue in Southwest PA.  She doesn't live that far from me and I like her style of quilting (scrappy and also traditional).  

***
LeeAnna's prompt this week is:   Do you prefer fun and festive Halloween decorations or truly terrifying haunted houses?  Well this is me:

I've always felt there was enough real horror in the world so it's a "no" on haunted houses etc.  I do more autumn decorating because seasonal decor last longer than a single holiday.  I will say that Lucky is having a bit of a problem with all the halloween decor these days.  He is particularly frightened of this pumpkin man in our neighborhood:

He growls and barks at it and jumps away everytime it moves. 😄  We are avoiding that block of the neighborhood until after Thanksgiving.

Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend!



No comments: