Thursday, April 21, 2022

I Like Thursdays: April 21, 2022

 Greetings and happy Thursday!  Time to share our favorite things and fill the internet with positive energy!

Despite some crappy weather and me being under the weather, it's been a pretty good week.  Mom's latest CT Scan shows the blood clots have all dissolved!

This is one of my favorite times of the year.  The garden is greening up despite the cool temperatures and I have often thought that I like it best even though there isn't many blooms yet!  I just love the greenery and the different textures of the plants.  It's peaceful.


This week I'm also enjoying my Hall Pottery.  The color is China Red.   Family members have sent many pieces they had to me because my kitchen is red and white.


Most of the pieces are from my Great-Grandmother.  Family members have told me that there was a traveling salesman who sold the pieces and my Great-Grandmother would buy a piece every time he came by.  The pottery also looks wonderful with my Pioneer Woman dishes!  Those are the aqua mugs you see to the right of the top shelf.

Mystery gifts!  My mother received a gift basket of crackers and cookies the Saturday before Easter.  No card and no idea who sent them.  Later that day I also received a gift.  No card and no idea who sent this magnificent t-shirt!  It's wonderful!  


 Usually it's my husband that sends us these kinds of gifts but he said it wasn't him!  Thank you to whoever sent our gifts!

Be sure to check out other happy posts over at Lee Anna's at Not Afraid of Color!

Have a safe and happy day!






6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Glad mom is doing better. Pretty red pottery. How cool gifties from a mystery person. I agree getting into the yard is nice this time of year, just seeing what is coming up is always amazing. I was surprised that my allium finally spread a wee bit this year! Can't wait!

Robin said...

Pottery is one of my favorite things. I bought a number of pieces in Seagrove when we went to North Carolina for the birth of a grandson. The red pieces are really pretty and the story behind them makes them special.

LA Paylor said...

I LOVE your red pottery and the story that goes with it!!! Also good news about your mom and the t shirt so cute

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! What fabulous news that your mom's blood clots have dissolved. Gosh, I adore your China Red pottery. It looks so pretty! Red is one of my favorite colors for a kitchen - we had one for over 20 years. My current kitchen has very little wall space showing as it is open to the pale green living room/dinette walls. I still have all the red accessories, though. What a cute and fabulous surprise gift. Someone loves you a lot! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

That shirt rocks! Love that red pottery, too.

Susie H said...

Yay! Surprise presents! Not a thing wrong with that! Have a great week!