Thursday, December 23, 2021

I Like Thursdays: December 23, 2021

 Well today is "I like Thursdays" and time to celebrate positive things on our blogs!  Hosted by Lee Anna, visit her and the other blogs if you need a pick-me-up!

Well I like that there is 87 days until Spring! I figure if merchants and television shows can begin celebrating Christmas in September, we can all look forward to warmer days ahead now!

Everyone seems to need a pick-me-up this year.  I'm spending my free moments dreaming not just of my garden but of quilts I want to make in the new year.  I have a whole list of "pipeline projects" started and it makes me happy to think of what I can accomplish in 2022!  Do you have any special projects you want to tackle?

I like my husband and how he can make me laugh.  I like my neighbors who also make me laugh.  During these cold days, we seem to be telephoning each other more and being silly when we can!


I love The Brokenwood Mysteries which I've watched on Acorn TV.  I am so happy that I found a DVD packet of 6 seasons to get for my Mom for Christmas.  Mom spent some time in New Zealand where the show is set and I think she will love this series.  It's like our UK mystery shows but with quirky characters that somehow remind me of Northern Exposure in it's heyday.  I heartily recommend it!

And speaking of great television, All Creatures Great and Small is returning in January to PBS and the Call the Midwives Christmas special is coming up!


It's always good when your pet is getting better!  Miss Scout's leg is healing nicely but she is now recovering from a tooth extraction she had done yesterday.  While she was under, the vet did an x-ray and her leg shows no sign of a break.  The reason she had to have a tooth pulled was that she had a crack in her tooth (new dog ailment to me) which may have been from screwing around with Kerry when they play.  Anyway, she remains on R and R for the next 14 days.  She's still pretty out of it but did take a short walk around the block with me today.

I'm wishing you a very safe Christmas!  Have a weekend of joy and peace!






5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the lead on a good mystery show. Sam and I love the PBS ones. The Lower Macungie Library has the Brokenwood series, so I will be checking it out. Merry Christmas.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Michele, I am caught up on your posts now. I loved those Danish ribbons you made, what a neat idea. I felt your dismay with the troubles your Mom has had re the medical stuff. I do hope every day makes her stronger. And poor Scout too...you've really had your hands full. You and your hubby make a good team it seems. Anyway, my sincere wishes for a wonderful Christmas!

grammajudyb said...

Good to hear that Scout is improving. I'm trying to plan new projects for 2022, but seem to go down a rabbit hole every time I think I have it decided. So many projects!!

PaintedThread said...

A tooth extraction! No fun. Feel better soon, Scout.

Ooh - gardening. I need to pull myself together this winter so I can plant earlier this spring. Oh, and don't speak to me about pipeline projects - mine is positively backed up! Brokenwood is so good! I'm looking forward to more All Creatures, too. Be healthy and Merry Christmas!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I'm taping the Midwives Christmas special. I love that show! Have a Merry Christmas!