Thursday, February 18, 2021

I like Thursdays: February 18, 2021

Prayers for all our friends and fellow citizens down south who are dealing with so much inclement weather.

Well it's snowing again.  Yesterday as I prepared for another storm, I decided to change the seasonal decor.   I packed away all the winter decor and changed to a spring/summer theme.  That change includes the header on my blog (above) which is the wall hanging in my living room now.  And even any wintry paintings were removed!


Still it was a better week for me.  The knee is slowly healing and I'm hoping by the end of the month I can walk the dog (weather permitting).  Today is "I like Thursday" and I hope all my internet friends are safe with the crazy weather in the states.  On Thursdays we post things we like and share positive energy on the internet.  Our hostess is Lee Anna and you can see more happy posts on her blog!


I made baked donuts last week for my neighbors and brother.  They have all been helping me so much this winter and I wanted to thank them in a Fastnaght (Pennsylvania Dutch donut) way.  If you decide you want to bake some, I recommend Ina Garten's recipe.  Very easy and they were good!

Mom's puppy Kerry continues to grow and plays with Scout daily (except on snow days).


That's Kerry on the left.  Look how big she has gotten!

Some of their favorite games are keep-away.  This day it was "Keep Away Kong" a toy that Scout rarely finds interest in except when Kerry wants it! 

This week I've been trying to do some sewing on the sewing machine.  Normally I don't do chain piecing, I like getting up and down in the sewing room but I prepared a lot of my blocks for chaining to keep my knee rested.
Of course Scout helped :)

Pretty flowers from brother for Valentines Day!

I'm so happy and proud that my niece Christina is a crafter like us!  She is my favorite like this week.  Check this out--she made this bed for her cats!!  Can you believe it?  I'm not sure if this is knitted or crocheted but I'm sure impressed with this project.  She said the cats were fighting over them!


Now she is crocheting a large blanket for her couch:
I'm so excited that someone in the next generation is joining the handmade club!

Have a safe and happy day!














6 comments:

Shannon said...

Those giant cat beds are fantastic! I love the texture of the knitting (or crocheting-I can't tell for sure either). And your valentine's flowers are lovely. I hope your kneel continues to improve. I'm glad Scout is having fun playing with Kerry- if they're anything like mine they're probably fun to watch.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm ready for the spring countdown! Love that you're already changing out your decor. Scout reminds me of a kid who isn't interested in a toy unless another kid wants it. They must be very cute together! Hope your knee feels better!

Libby in TN said...

I hung a beachy quilt over the banister just to "Spring" the house up!

Susie H said...

The cat beds look amazing. I'd sure be interested in how she made them since I have a cat AND my daughter has two cats. That's not counting my sister's cat either! Lol! So wonderful to share crafting ideas with friends & relatives! Hope your knee is cooperating and healing up!

PaintedThread said...

Mmm... donuts! Puppy isn't so puppish anymore!

Nice flowers. Those cat beds look awesome!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Glad the knee is doing better. Gorgeous flowers. The donuts look yummy. Wow Kerry is really getting big fast. The cat beds are awesome.