Thursday, February 20, 2020

I Like Thursdays: February 20, 2020

Good Morning!

The last ten days are a blur as I was ill but I'm feeling better today and ready to face the world!  That is something to like!


 The days are getting longer and that is something to love!  But it has been unseasonably warm here.  It's not hot but it's warm enough to confuse the plants which are awakening at a rapid rate.  My real fear is that we will get snow in March; the plants will survive snow but I have a lot of travel scheduled for the month and I don't like driving in snow.  Still, it is wonderful to hear the birds sing and see the sunset at 6 p.m.


I found this little wallhanging yesterday.  
I made this years ago.  Back then I belonged to a yahoo group and we had a challenge to make a textured wall hanging with vintage embroidery.  It won some kind of prize at the time.  I'm posting this more to remind me about sewing different things that make me happy.  For this year at least, my sewing is going to consist of binding quilts.  I don't really have time to start or finish a bigger project.

This made me laugh when I saw it on facebook.  It still tickles me:


I'm still working away at upcoming lectures I'm giving on suffrage this year.  This week I posted a fun story on circus suffragists.  You can find it here.  
Have a great week!
Be sure to link up at LeeAnna's for more positive posts!


8 comments:

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Good health is everything- it affects my whole day. Glad you are coming around to feel better. I love that Goldilocks quilt.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Happy Thursday!! We are also loving the days being longer now and the sun is still out when we are heading home. The knock knock joke photo was too funny. Thanks for sharing. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
World of Animals

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you're feeling better, Michele. Your embroidery with the buttons is lovely! I read your Valentine's post about your hubby not getting his phone in the first package from the airport - that makes it doubly hilarious! But so glad he did actually get his phone finally.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! LOVE that joke. HAHA! I love dogs. And yes to a confusing winter . . . or might it be an early spring . . . but it was below zero??!! ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I like that on my way to Bible study about 3 weeks ago it was dark, this week it was still light and I spied the deer in the soybean field. Your embroidery piece is awesome.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like your textured quilt. Like everyone else, I have way too many buttons that need to be displayed or given away. Maybe it's time to sew a picture with them. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So glad you're feeling better. The days are getting longer here too. It's still on the cool side but we're going to be in the 50's over the weekend. Love the knock knock joke!!

LA Paylor said...

bwahahahaha that joke is hilarious. Milo is barking all the time now that we have neighbors in the back across the street doing work. Loud. Loud startling barking at virtually nothing. LOVE the cottage piece.
write and tell me please, how your vet sees the ear infections. Milo gets the one application drops that last 2 weeks but the vet is pushing me to give him monthly shots that attach to some receptors to turn off something allergic... oy I do not want to do it and they are pushing hard. And do you pluck regularly and flush with any cleaner? Wonder if this is a genetic predisposition to allergy?LeeAnna