Sunday, January 6, 2019

Pennsyl*rain*ia


2019 was the third rainiest year on record here in Allentown.  It doesn't look like things are going to change much in 2019.  Yesterday the rain stopped around 4 p.m. and I actually was able to take Scout for a little walk.  The sky was lovely!

One of the weirdest things happened last night.  We stepped outside and I realized...something was different.  We could see stars in the night sky!  It actually startled me and today when we walked, a neighbor actually stopped me and asked, "did you see the stars last night?"

I spent the evening dreaming of spring and watching Monty Don's gardening shows on Netflix.  I also finished binding my butterfly quilt:


 The alstroemeria is now blooming in my vase of sunshine!
This flower always reminds me of orchids.

Well today we are going to gravitate between sunshine and clouds.
While the sun is shining I'm off to get some things accomplished!
Have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh that made me laugh!!! Sun is shining here, I'm loving it, the blinds are open and it's actually WARM in my sewing room! Enjoy hon! Your butterfly quilt is just gorgeous!