Thursday, September 27, 2018

Cherry mornings I like...


Good morning and happy autumn!  Back after a busy week, I want to encourage you to visit LeeAnna our hostess at Not Afraid of Color and visit other happy websites.

FIRST NEWS:  Carol is coming home October 8!!!  She had her stroke in June and will still require 24 hour care at home but at least she can come home!!!  Physically she has gotten much stronger but she is still very confused which is why she needs support.

Scout and I are walking every morning at the park.  We have been enjoying the 10 or so ducks each morning that we see in the same place.  Turns out that ducks like cherries and we see them under the cherry tree every day!
The ducks can't actually chew the cherries so they gum --er--beak the fruit into submission.  They look hilarious as they do this.  They must REALLY love cherries.  They hop into the lake when I approach with Scout but as soon as we pass, they are running back to their beloved tree.  You can see the mallard below (to the right) with one.

 Earlier in the summer, I noticed a young heron.  The heron is almost through adolescence now and lives on the island in the lake.   The bird has grown so fast!

I like clouds.  I like these formations which I think are called Cirrus.  I just call them beach clouds because to me, they seem to mimick the ocean rolling on the sand.

I can't seem to get your comments unless I hunt for them these days and I apologize for not responding to what you write.  Someone asked if the roses on the top of the page are from my garden.  Yes, but it is an older photograph because our roses have been suffering because of all the rain.  The yellow rose above the Carol paragraph bloomed before the last rain storm.

Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Our ducks are constant entertainment for me, too. Our resident heron walked through our yard one recent afternoon, looking like it was going to harass the ducks but the ducks never budged.

There is a fix to the comments thing that involves deleting a setting and resetting it, but I don't remember what I did. Maybe you can Google it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Carol's rehabilitation will be enhanced by her being home! She will be so happy. I have a video of a heron on our tiny pond that I will share...they are such big birds...I love sighting them too. Weather is so turbulent this time of year and the clouds reflect that. Great photos!

Suzanne said...

Home is always the best place to be. I like clouds too.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! What fabulous news about Carol coming home!! I'll bet she will enjoy that very much. Beautiful pictures you shared with us today. Those clouds - I could watch them forever! Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

I'll leave a comment anyway. Those cherry eating ducks are adorable. Cherry juice might be slightly fermented by the heat. Well, we've had the heat, you've had the rain.

PaintedThread said...

I don't know if I've ever seen a blue heron in a tree. Funny photo! I love the ducks gumming cherries.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Home is definitely the best place to be! I hope Carol continues to improve. The ducks with the cherries are a fun sight! I love herons, too - we have a lot of them along the edges of the lakes around here, although I have to agree that I haven't seen one up in a tree!

Allie said...

Oh what gorgeous pictures, Mickie! I love the story about the ducks, that's hysterical. The picture of the heron is just stunning! I've been seeing tons of Sand Cranes around here, but only when I'm driving and can't take a pic, dang it. Glad Carol is coming home, she will do better there.

Angie said...

People do seem to rehabilitate more quickly in a familiar setting, and I hope this is the case with Carol. Love your cloud shot - mesmerizing!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I hope you can read these comments from everyone. How frustrating.You have such a peaceful looking park. All the wonderful sights and sounds of nature.
I'm so glad your friend is finally coming home and will heal quickly.