Thursday, May 25, 2017

I like day, May 25

It's Thursday and I am making time to get on the computer.   Our hostess is LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.  Please join us and visit the many blogs that are now participating.  You can find the list at LeeAnna's blog here.

I like clean dogs and yesterday my goddaughter gave Scout her first grooming. She was a champ and Jessa said she enjoyed it all except for the hair dryer.   She smells pretty now!

 At the groomer's...

I am a pretty girl!!!

Today Scout goes to the vet for her second check up.  She has been keeping me really busy.

I like sleep.
I am grateful that for the last four nights, Scout has slept through the night.  This is part of the reason I've been so busy.  I'm trying to make sure she is ready for a full night's sleep--and it's working.  We spend a considerable part of the day playing (in the house or out) and it has paid off.  I have a tired happy puppy at the end of the day.  She takes longer naps and I've been catching up on some much needed rest!

Now ...
in the garden:


 The roses are blooming~!  Out front the pink ones are making a good show:

Out back some of my rose bushes have reverted to wild roses.  Unexpected surprises in the garden surprise and delight me but in this case, I do miss my peace rose.  However like most old roses, the scent of these are wonderful!  
 At first, I thought all the roses in this bed had reverted but yesterday the morning greeted me with these lovelies:
My goddaughter, Jessa-the-groomer has some old rose bushes at her house and she encouraged me to come out and take some cuttings which I might do next week.  I lost a number of bushes this year and love the two colors she had in her garden.  It was like a secret garden and I'm sorry I didn't take photos when we visited yesterday.  She just moved into the house in February and there is a large neglected--but magical--garden behind her house:  complete with springs, little ponds and bridges and even an old arbor that we discovered.  I walked through with her Mom yesterday and pointed out plants that I knew.  It will be fun to see what happens as they continue to work out there!

Finally I like paint buckets.
Plastic Pail - 5 Gallon, Blue - ULINE - Qty of 5 - S-7914BLU
Oh yeh they are great for gardening and doing all sorts of projects.  But this past week they became really useful.  The buckets are the ONLY thing that Scout appears to be afraid of (she doesn't like the way they sound) and therefore, I've placed a number of them throughout the garden where she likes to dig.
And--IT WORKS!  No digging since I "planted" buckets throughout the garden.  

I'm sorry I don't have more this week but I'm putting good time into training Scout these days.  I hope you are having a wonderful week!





9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Paint buckets - who knew? Maybe I need some to keep the squirrels who like to dig in my garden away. Sounds like you also have a good plan for tiring Scout so she'll sleep at night. She looks great after her grooming! Your roses are beautiful! I love their scent, and have to stick my face into rose bushes any time I come across some. Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

Scout, and your flowers, are beautiful! Hope you feel more well rested soon!

Libby in TN said...

Planting buckets! -- who'da thunk it?

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

The "pretty girl" photo is the best. Who knew about the buckets! mary in Az

LA Paylor said...

more exercise seems to energize Milo. Oy. Like he's a battery storing up energy as he makes it. He hated grooming.

PaintedThread said...

LOL. Huzzah for paint buckets! I'm glad they work for you. Scout is so very cute, especially after her wash and dry.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Yay Scout - she's a smart puppy! I'm glad the buckets are working, you are the most creative person. Your roses are just wonderful - and next time you go to Jessa's garden, please take pics, it sounds quite amazing!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love your roses, they are so pretty. I've got a Peace Rose, I thought it had died out, but it finally bloomed last week. I used paper bags to keep my cat out of my quilt batting. She would drag it all out of the bag and make a mess. She didn't like the rattle sound of a paper bag, I guess. Scout is beautiful. Have a great day!

Sandra :) said...

I'm glad she's starting to sleep through the night ... your flowers are beautiful, and so is Miss Scout! The paint bucket solution is a hoot!