Saturday, May 24, 2014

From the attic...

Here's a different piece of embroidery.  It is a coverlet that would fit a full size bed.  It probably had matching shams because it goes to just below the pillow line.
It's chicken scratch!
Love the dog, horse and birds...
 Okay so these monkeys remind me of the wretched creatures (flying monkeys) from the Wizard of Oz but you have to take the bad with the good....
 Love her:
I've never seen a coverlet like this in any of the old magazines I've collected through the years.  However, I am reminded that when I did cross stitching in the 1980s, I often used old lace patterns instead of store bought ones, and I wonder if this lady did too, way back when.

And as always, what pleases me the most is the evidence that the piece was loved:  a patch pieced carefully from the back near a cat teasing a squirrel.
Hope you enjoyed this little trip to Mick's attic!

1 comment:

Sandra :) said...

I've never seen a quilt like that before - what a treasure!