Monday, December 19, 2011

Busy days

First of all, I'm having problems posting on blogs but I have been keeping up with everyone's photos and news.  Hopefully, blogger will rectify this soon!

In other news....My husband has been on the road for about  46 weeks this year, a lot of time, even for his schedule.  I'm grateful he has work but I am more grateful to have the next few weeks with him on vacation!  We've been keeping busy and are rarely home these days.  Yesterday we went to lunch and a dog show with our friends, Mike and Lu.  Check out the Poodles being judged.  These have the puppy cut which we use on our dogs:
These not so much: 
And let's not forget the dread lock dog (sp?):
Last weekend, we visited our kids and also took in a few museums in our valley.  These pics are from the Boutlon estate which has the original furnishings in and even had carolers singing in victorian dress.  I loved this old fireplace: 
This was from the ladies sewing room:
Tomorrow we are taking my aunt to Longwood Gardens for her Christmas present.  Can't wait to see what that will look like!
Hope you are enjoying this joyous season as well!

5 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your visit to the estate must have been really interesting. The ladies sewing room is lovely.
It must be difficult to have to be away from your husband so much. Enjoy this time together!!!

Sarah said...

Love the laundry drying in front of the fireplace. So glad for my automatic dryer. :-)
Have a Happy Happy Christmas Mickie!!

Sandra :) said...

HAHA I love the britches hanging in front of the fireplace - what a hoot! I'm glad you're getting to spend some time with Brad -- enjoy yourselves, you two kids!!! :D

Allie said...

46 weeks is a very long time, Mickie! I bet he's glad to be home for a bit! LOVE the pretty poodles! That museum looks wonderful...enjoy your trip with your aunt!

Unknown said...

love the pics. Now for the 'poodle cuts'. We use the puppy cut too on our Dawber. The other two, well fun to look at on another dog! Ha! NO way I would afflict my dog with those cuts, do's or whatever you want to call them! And, we are discussing types of dogs for future ones, and the Standard poodle is in the running. Yours have sold me....just the best!