Monday, January 31, 2011

Scrap-licious!!!


This month, my "project du jour" has been to reorganize my scrap stash.  I know that some of you out in bloggyland can appreciate having cans and cans of scraps littered around your house.   


My world has become a scrap smorgasbord.  No sooner had I cleaned up after Christmas and I began hankering for fun projects to devour the scrap load.   

It all began at the start of the month with the desire to make 2 quilts to donate to the neo-natal unit at our local hospital.  We were told at guild last month that the hospitals really need them.  These quilts are great to do because they don't require a lot of fabric (total size is about 18 x22 inches) and we all know I love little projects (and so much more do-able with the chaos of my mom's illness).   Here are two I completed at the beginning of the month.  The squares are 2.5 inches:
 I made the "baby" section on my embroidery machine.  Just a small easy thing to do but I think it adds a lot to the quilt-let.
 I had some fabric left from Miles' baby quilt but they were strips, so I kept it simple and incorporated it just so.  I feel like the fabric is so cute it doesn't need a whole lot:

The inspiration for these quilts set up a whole new cycle on using up scraps.  More on that next time....

5 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

Hurray for using scraps! I can certainly relate to what a mess scraps can become. I spent 3 days this past month getting mine in order. Then I promptly used some up for a project. It's staying nice and neat for now but I need to use more and reduce the stash.

Wonky Girl said...

Lucky babies that will be gifted a quilt from you!

Nayala said...

Thanks... I love when is done... But I hate it when I`m doing.

Wendy said...

What a really lovely thing to do. It's nice that you are helping out those in need. The quilts are gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous quilts, Mickie! You are so giving! Hope everything is alright for you.