Thursday, December 16, 2010

Charm Quilt

I'm just about to put the sleeve on this one but pinned it up to photograph it. This is a Christmas charm quilt.  Each tea cup is a different Christmas fabric.  I think Helena and I will have fun with this on Christmas Eve.  She loves to play games like "I Spy" and "Where's Waldo" so I'll make her hunt for the different pictures in the quilt.  Each block is 3 inches and there are 90 different blocks.  Making the teacups was what I did whenever I was stressed during the last few months.  It's funny how fabric can bring back so many memories!  Some of the fabric in here was 30 years old :) 

5 comments:

Wonky Girl said...

Wow, 90 different fabrics- you must have joined a fabric exchange. What a great idea to play eye spy with your darling Helena.

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

That is just amazing (in a very cool way)!

-Dr. Liz

Allie said...

That is so beautiful - what a great way to do an I Spy!

Angie said...

What a wonderful quilt!!! I love Christmas, teapots and teacups... the idea of making a Christmas quilt with the cup pattern is perfect!!!

Micki said...

I love the quit...It is stunning! I just found your blog and it is lovely!
Micki
In Ireland