Thursday, January 28, 2010

UFO finished

January 2010
My oldest UFO. Look close and you can see the fabrics of the 70s. 80s, and the binding was copyrighted 1992. All I can say is WHEW! Machine quilting cotton/polyester fabric is tough work! This was a labor of love and when I look at this quilt I can hear strains of music from that time and almost see our young children playing in the house as we crafted. It's a true memory quilt for Linda and I; the geese were from our days of beginning quilting. She experimented with machine quilting much more than I--I do believe I pooh-poohed it at the time. Oh we of little faith...
Well that's done so on to more finishes!

1 comment:

Allie said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations on getting it finished! My very first quilt took me 20 years to make....I'm surprised I'm still quilting, lol!